Rev. Harrod Emmanuel Clay, Jr., Pastor
- How you are and who you come from has a lot to do with where you are going, as in the case of Dinah (Genesis 34)
- Personal discontentment and dissatisfaction leads to entrapment
- We must get up and get moving! The Israelites were given a promise in Joshua 6, but obtaining the promise required movement.
- Learn to deal with your current problem as if it were already solved.
- Biblical prosperity is to push forward, to break out, to go over, and to advance.
- We have been blessed with the anointing to prosper wherever we go!
- When God gives a command, he expects movement.
- Our blessings are situated in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3), and we cannot be any more blessed than we are right now.
1. Turn me on
2. Make me work
3. Help me to succeed
4. Empower me to prosper
- The blessings on me must be consistent with everything connected to me--my spouse, my children, my home, my finances, my businesses, my vehicles, etc.
- The decisions we make do not solely impact us, but others as well--as in the case of Achan (Joshua 7-8). Corporate solidarity does not trump individual responsibility.
- "Times of Refreshing": a "chiros" moment; a season or a window of opportunity in which God gives us renewed energy (Acts 3:19)
- Secrets bring torment. God does not want us tormented by holding in secrets--when things are going on in our lives and no one knows about them. He wants us free and liberated.
- Our mission is to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by fulfilling His command to love him, love each other, and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 22:37-40, Matthew 28:19-20)
- Love=Time Spent. Whatever we love will have our time
- The right hand of God is indicative of Power, Authority, and Strength
- Revelation 1:20--seven stars represent pastors, the seven candlesticks represent the seven churches
- Proverbs 18:21--Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Our words are powerful; we will have what we say
- The opinion of others does not matter! God is an "equal opportunity giver"
- Our children will not fly like the eagle unless we do. We must take some risks!
- True worshippers worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23)
- Beth-el: the place of God/the house of God (Genesis 35:15). God was present, and Jacob did not even know it! It is possible for God to be present and we not even realize it. Even when we are distressed and on the run, like Jacob, we can still have a God-encounter. And, when we do, that is the time to worship!
"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."--I Corinthians 12:7(KJV)
- Inferiority complex: unrealistic feelings of general inadequacy
- When we feel we do not measure up in comparison to others, we must fall back on God's word. What does God say?
- Whatever God makes, he makes it so that it works--including us!
- I Corinthians 12:7 tells us that everyone in the Body of Christ has the benefit of the manifestation of the Spirit
- We give the enemy access into our lives when we compare ourselves with others
- Chronicle your thoughts. Do they line up with God's word?
"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools."--Ecclesiastes 7:9(KJV)
anger: to be vexed, indignant, grieved, provoked, displeased, irritated, to be troubled
resteth: to sit down and be at home
bosom: gut, chest cavity
- Get a handle on the pace of emotions or the speed of the things we are saying/doing--act vs. react
- Do you have anger or does anger have you?
- Manage your anger so that anger does not manage you
- Anger will morph into abuse if not addressed. Unresolved anger always displaces us and has us on the outside looking in.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."-- 2 Peter 2:15(KJV)
- study: to be diligent; a dogged determination to make sure that we are accepted in God's eyes
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."-- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
- The word of God is our final authority in every decision we make
- Good works are the result of being thoroughly furnished and equipped with the word of God
- We will not reach good works without doctrine
- Doctrine is what God uses to propel us into a direction
3 Principles to Practice
- Know that God is obligated to his word
- Know that God wants us in the "know"
- Give God back his word. When God's word is spoken, angels are released to do what God has said. If we do not have his word, he cannot employ angels to do as God commanded
"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."--Colossians 3:2(KJV)
What do you do when:
- You have suffered enough emotional pain?
- You have unresolved guilt
- You are full of rage
- God has a better life for you than you can see for yourself?
- You have gotten used to low level "pigeon" thinking, talk, and behavior when you are an eagle?...
- Your focus is on the negative?
- The enemy wants us to use our energy on the wrong things; envy, jealousy, unforgiveness, and unresolved guilt--as in the case of Joseph's brothers (Genesis 37, Genesis 45, Genesis 50)
- God longs to live in our place of brokenness (Genesis 50:20)
- The secret to life is to grab hold of instruction (Proverbs 4:10)
- Your life is on schedule and nothing can delay or cancel God's plan for you. (Romans 8:28)
"Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows. Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways."
- When we decree a thing, it is established.
- Job 22:28--"thing" is a promise being awakened; rising up ("established")
- We have promises that are lying dormant. When we decree God's word over our lives, those promises rise. They are only awakened when we open our mouths.
"And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."--Hebrews 11:32-34(KJV)
- We wax (become) valiant (strong) IN fight.
- It's important to move from the defensive to the offensive.
- Fights (struggles, challenges) are intended to ignite our inner strength, not defeat us.
- We must make adjustments in our thinking; this leads to repentance.
- Remove negative, doubt-filled thoughts and replace them with the word of God.
- The strategic strikes of Satan are sent to strengthen the soul in the struggle, because a strengthened soul is anchored by the Savior so that we reach success.
- Allow God's word to untie us from worry and circumstances.
- Settle on what God has said and begin to speak HIS language. The language of God is positive, strong, empowering, and edifying.
- Obstacles and opposition are God's opportunity! In Him, we don't go under--we go over!
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."--Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
I Peter 1
I Peter 2
- Faith influences our choices. If we are going to make good choices and decisions, with will be because of our faith.
- What is behind our faith is what we value. Values effect our decision making.
- How does God make us into believers?
- Put feet to your faith! Faith without feet is futile!
- Faith is what pleases God.
- Faith is what supports us. It is our proof that what we are expecting we will obtain.
- 2017: The Year we Break-out, Break-through, and Break-in!
December 11, 2016
Passage: "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing."--Hebrews 5:11
- There are different types of hearing--natural and spiritual
- The writer of Hebrews wants to go further, but cannot because his audience is "dull" of hearing
- dull: sluggish, lazy, slow
- Satan appeals to our sensory realm so that he can access our hearts
- We must be trained to perceive on a deeper level
- Our senses must be exercised (Greek "gumnazo": trained)
- We, as believers, enter into rest
- The person who is resting has ceased from his own works, as God did(Hebrews 4:10)
- We work against an internal system when we do not rest
- Rest is essential for the body
December 4, 2016
Passage: "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession."
- Why should we hold fast our profession(statement)? Because we have a great high priest!
- You will never hold fast your profession unless you "see" first
- God wants you say/profess what you believe
- Whatever you state/profess--Grab it!
2 Corinthians 5
- We get right with God by believing.
- Handle everything by handling nothing!
- All we have to do is believe.
November 27, 2016
Series: "Hang in There!"
Passage: "For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."--Hebrews 4:2 (KJV)
- The word preached and heard becomes profitable (useful, beneficial) when it is combined with our faith.
- The Gospel preached is to become a part of us from the inside out
- God is concerned that he went to great effort to speak to us and we did nothing with what he said.
- The Gospel is Good News--an attractive report of events that have already occurred!
I Timothy 6:12
- We have been in a "Faith Fight"
2 Corithians 4:17-18
November 20, 2016
Series: "Hang in There!"
Passage: "Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."
- God has given us his promise (an announcement of good) of rest.
- We will never see all God has for us if we do not do what he commanded
- Heaven is eager for us to approach the Throne.
- We have been invited to approach God.
- The One on the Throne has grace to give
- God does not want us to approach him with hesitancy; he wants us to approach him with boldness and confidence.
- Say goodbye to thoughts of stress, worry, and anxiety that has plagued our souls. Enter into God's rest.
- Hurry up to REST!
- Unbelief keeps us from entering into his rest.
November 13, 2016
Passage: "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath..."--Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
- Part of managing our anger is exploring it.
- God gets angry too, as in the case of Solomon. (I Kings 11:9)
- Be angry at the right things.
I Kings 11:9
I John 5:14-15
- We can be confident that when we pray, God hears us.
- God is always speaking, and what he is saying must be our focus.
- What is distracting you from hearing God?
- Move. Put feet to your faith. Take a step.
- God is above our situations and what our situations are saying to us.
November 6, 2016
Passage: "Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
- There is another dimension and another level to our faith
- You have been lying down long enough!
- The "lying" position is a LIE
- Jesus sees you up and walking
- Get ready to do something you could not previously do
2 Kings 5
- Naaman's leprosy was symbolic of something bigger eating away at him
- Emotions are keeping most from experiencing miracles
- There was a need for humility in Naaman's life
- Put ego and reputation aside.
- Trust and obedience to God produce miracles
- It is possible to see and be completely blind, as in the case of Elisha's servant
- See opposition--see ally
- See problem--see solution
- You'll never get your miracle if you don't acknowledge how desperate you are
October 30, 2016
Passage: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."--I Corinthians 2:9(KJV)
- God has things prepared that our ears won't hear, eyes won't see, and hearts won't feel. Yet, they are already prepared.
- We are beyond obstacles. Progress is not inhibited by obstacles.
- Every obstacle is an opportunity to become an overcomer.
- God has called you to go from faith to faith and glory to glory.
- It's time to go to the next dimension of glory.
- When we obey God's instruction, we shift from the natural to the supernatural.
2 Corinthians 3:17-18
1 Corinthians 2:10
2 Kings 3:20
October 23, 2016
Passage: "And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."
--2 Chronicles 20:20 (KJV)
- Fear is a spirit that is afraid of the God in you.
- Get in a stance that communicates to the enemy that you have won.
- We are not to turn away and run from our problems. Face them!
- Know your position in Christ--a winner!
- Stand and put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6)
- Praise your way out, through, and in challenges and difficulties.
- When we begin to praise God, he sends ambushments (2 Chronicles 20:22)
2 Chronicles 18
October 16, 2016
Passage: "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine."--Exodus 19:5(KJV)
- You are a peculiar treasure, a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation
- Malice impedes progress. Learn to lay it aside
- Adopt the language and vocabulary of a winner
- Believe like a winner
- We get on the road to "More Than Enough" by believing in the Lord
- Three levels of praise
- Halal: boasting, bragging, making a show
- Yadah: praise that involves lifting the hands and arms
- Tehillah: praise from a deep place; praise that shouts
I Peter 1
2 Chronicles 20
Passage: "Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness."--Psalm 51:14(KJV)
- Who you go to when you have a problem has everything to do with how or if you overcome.
- Only God can deliver us from disaster
- Inward truth (a heart of truth) pleases God. He desires truth in our innermost being (Psalm 51:6)
- Truth spoken brings stability-- veracity, faithfulness, reliability, and experience
- Regularly, routinely, regimentally monitor the truth in your heart
- Trust the hand of God that is holding you--trust the hand that found you when you were lost.
I Timothy 4:1-2
October 2, 2016
Passage: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."
--I John 4:18(KJV)
- You can trust God with your circumstances
- God wants you in a place in which you are satisfied
- The believer's release, deliverance and freedom is the result of coming under the propitiatory blood of Jesus
- God loves you and is interested in you.
- You are valued and cherished by God.
- Make decisions that are motivated by love
- Make a decision to love someone who is unlovable
- Become a consistent conduit of love
- God's love is radical. It does not delay or discriminate
- Love takes the initiative
- Our lips produce fruit (results)
- What you say will produce a harvest
- Whatever is going on in your life--put some praise on it!
September 25, 2016
Passage: "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."-- I John 4:7(KJV)
- God loves you. He is not mad at you and he is not "looking" for you.
- Nothing can separate us from God's love. His love is for better or worse.
- In Him, you are going from worse to better!
- God cherishes and values you!
I John 4:18
- There is no fear (Gr. "phobos": withdrawing, retreating, fleeing due to feelings of inadequacy) in love
- God has set his love upon us
- God is loving us through being disappointed, demoralized, and publically humiliated
- God is loving us into healing, wholeness, and wellness
Passage: "See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant."--Jeremiah 1:10(KJV)
Before we can build or plant, we must:
- Root out
- Pull down
- Throw down
I John 4:10
- When we love one another, God's word is perfected in us.
- Fear robs us of taking steps of faith
- Where there is perfected love, fear cannot co-exist
- When we are afraid, our love is not ripened or perfected. It is immature.
- Mature, ripened love casts out fear
- Willingly give fear the boot!
- We are a kingdom of priests
- Who are the kings? We are!
- We are a gift to the culture
- Nothing in our lives is to defeat us.
- Everything in the Kingdom of God is at our disposal
I Kings 17
August 14, 2016
Text: "But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying..."--Psalm 22:6-7(KJV)
- God inhabits ("to marry", "come into covenant relationship with") the praises (Psalm 22:3)
- The "worm spirit"--where does it come from?
- When we have been laughed to scorn, we will take whatever we can get because our worth has been laughed away.
- Deliverance from this spirit is a as far as your next praise. Where is God? Praise Him and you will find out!
- Let them laugh...God will have the last laugh.
I Chronicles 2:1, 12, 16-17
August 7, 2016
Text: "Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth."--Proverbs 6:2(KJV)
- When we find ourselves in a snare or a trap--it could be due to the words that come out of our mouths
- Our words are being tracked. The words we speak are being noted and filed (Matthew 12:35)
- Idle words will have to be explained.
- Our words will be justified or condemned
- What we are will be evident in what we say
- We will have to give an account for every idle word
- Whatever we input determines outcome
- "Training for Reigning" (Proverbs 22:6)
- If we want respectful children, we must train them to be respectful
- When a child is trained up, you will never have to worry about him being derailed
- Train by example
- To train is to put food in the mouth so that an appetite is developed for what is being served
- Every decision we make as adults is training for our children
- Training is narrow--it does not occur in a wide space
- Training is precise--precision guided training
- God is always training where we are going, where we are going. Wherever we are going is where God is training. If we are in training, we are where we are going!
- Trouble has a day. The "day" of trouble has a beginning and an end
- God can save anyone from anything
- We can trust in the name of God--no matter what day it is!
- When was the last time you were defended by a name?
July 31, 2016
Text: "And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."--Exodus 20:1-2 (KJV)
- What are you frustrated about that God wants you to be fearless in?
- Exodus 19:4--In God, we have a different mode of transportation--"eagles' wings"
- We are no longer slaves. We are free. We have liberty. We are under the control of no one.
- What will you do with your untied hands?
- Your time of being controlled is over
- Days of being manipulated are over
- Freedom is not the absence of constraints, boundaries, and standards.
- Freedom is the presence of the ability to come up to God' standards, constraints, and boundaries willingly.
- God does not force submission
- God being your God is your call. It is your choice.
- Commandments must be responded to and acted on
- God's name is his personal identity
- What value do you place on the name of God?
- Exodus 20:7--Do not take God's personal identity in vain. To misuse his name is to risk the assigned benefits that go with his name
- Power and authority is invoked in saying the name of God--so much so that we are to never take it in vain
- There is honor and respect associated with the name of God.
- Names reveal character
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower. God's name is indicative of his fame, glory, and reputation
- Psalm 20:7--our trust is in the name of the Lord
- The name of God is our defense
- You are in the family of God, and you bear his name
- You authorize heaven to move on your behalf when the name of Jesus is invoked
- God's name deals with his track record--his history.
- How useful is God's name to you?
- Run to the name of the Lord quickly.
- Running to his name sets us on a high place
- God, "Elohim", the plural of "Eloah". The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and __________(your name)
- The name of God can take us from a mess, to a miracle, to a message.
- No matter what you are in, you have a name that is a memorial which will last forever
- You are called to progress and not go back
- God can take someone from the corner--to the altar!
July 24, 2016
Text: "I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."--Psalm 139:14 (KJV)
- Stop giving disclaimers about yourself. It is not our job to make people feel comfortable or good about who we are.
- What is the ultimate identity? You!
Text: Exodus 3
- God's presence preserves. When God gets in something, that thing will react; as in the case of the burning bush. It burned, but was not consumed
- When did the Lord call Moses? When He saw that Moses turned to study the burning bush.
- What is God in that you have not recognized?
- God gets in it to win it! You are a WINNER!
- God called Moses' name twice to get him to hear because He was about to say something good!
- Moses: "drawn out"
- Exodus: "exit"
- Moses was drawn out to draw others out
- Moses cue was to understand his identity as deliverer
- "Holy ground" God can make a dirty place holy. He turned dirt into divinity
- Stop hanging with people who think you are dirt! #ExcuseME
- Exit anything that is not conducive to you
- What you are to do is who you are--i.e.; "Moses" (drawn out to draw out)
- When what we are doing is not consistent with who we are, we become angry and frustrated.
- There is a resurgence/resurrection of who we are called to be
- Wounded healers help others heal by getting low. Remembering when you were in a low place and using empathy
- Assess your tone. Healing can be found in your tone.
- A violent tone turns people away.
- Practice empathy.
- Moses had a "Pharaoh" problem
- When there is a Pharaoh problem, we belch up the way we see ourselves (Exodus 3:11)
- God had given Moses the ability to handle Pharaoh
- It is possible to win before you even show up
- You will no longer be defeated before you show up when you cease being the one who practices self-defeat. No more!
- Take the word "CAN'T" out of your vocabulary. If you can't say it, you can't think it.
- God cannot be with you and you lose! That would indicate He is defeatable, and He is not!
- If God is with you, you have to get better.
- Act like a winner; act like an overcomer!
- Hear the "win" in the "when" (Exodus 3:12)
- Whatever you need God to be, He is!
- God does not expire, call in sick, or scratch his head in confusion
- We live in three dimensions--yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but God is always "right now"
- Numbers 14:9--The Lord is with us because the Lord IS
- You are invincible because the Lord IS...with you
- Praise God for the "IS"--The Lord IS...my Shepherd
- It is easy to get caught up in what God can DO and miss who He IS
- Jesus got in the symbol of the disciples failure (ship) and made it a pulpit.
- Jesus fed their faith so that they could face their failures, so that they could go back to fishing!
- Nets are breaking and ships are sinking!
- The shore is the safe place. We will never experience a drought at the shore.
- The disciples left everything they caught at the shore and went with Jesus. They left "success" (fishing) and followed "Success" (Jesus) for "success"
- Who are you following? It is possible to follow everyone and be going no where.
- The "was group"--following people
- The "Is group"--Following God
- Caleb had "another spirit". It was a next level spirit.
- You are next in line
July 17, 2016
Text: "Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."--Psalm 32:11(KJV)
- Being glad is a choice--just like being sad is a choice. It's your call.
- We have all made mistakes. The hurdle is when we look at who we are in terms of what we have done. A realization of what we have done and what God has done with what we have done! We are forgiven (released)and free.
- Psalm 32:1--Lose those who keep reminding you of what you have done because our sins are covered--as if there is nothing there!
- God promises personal, proficient, and powerful guidance. He is intimate with those he loves, so much so that he does not relegate our instruction, guidance, or teaching to anyone else. He handles that himself!
- Tune into the voice of your Maker. #Hear God!
2 Corinthians 5:7
- God is after what "seems" to be.
- You are worth more than how things "seem"
- It may seem like a long way/journey--that is because this is an unfamiliar route. It is your first time this way
- Are we there yet???
- It may seem like a delay; but we are on schedule.
- Enjoy the journey
- Enjoy the process of transformation
July 10, 2016
Text: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."--Psalm 91:1(KJV)
- Where are you? Are you wandering, or have you found the "secret place"?
- The secret place is a private place; a place where you can sit down, relax, and be at home and comfortable in the presence of God.
- You will never figure out Who your refuge is when you are wandering.
- Place, set, locate your position in God.
dwelleth: abide, sit, remain
El Elyon: the Most High God
El Shaddai: The God Almighty, the full-breasted one, the God who nurtures and satisfies